1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi All!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SherylJAM, Aug 4, 2013.

1. SherylJAM

SherylJAM New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    I've been a Lurker for a long time and have learned a lot from this site by doing so. Until last night I had 43 mixed and rare variety of hens now I am down to 37 which brings me to the reason I am no longer lurking. I am hoping beyond hope someone can help direct me to a place where I can find adult birds for sale. I need to replace my son's pet German Spitzhauben hen before he comes home from his dad's house....Her name was Speckles and he carried her around like a parrot and pretended he was a pirate. We have lost other chickens and he doesn't accept the "This is farm life" explanation well. He really loved that bird and we are heartbroken about it. As an aside, electric netting works great unless coons figure out they can scale the side of your barn and drop right down into your chicken run...

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] were your chickens sick or did a predator get them?

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]You might also put the breed in the search box and see what comes up = hopefully people that breed them

6. SherylJAM

SherylJAM New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    Thanks to all! I found a breeder in Kentucky who is going to hook me up...it wouldn'e be such a big deal but he has dealt with alot of death lately and this would have been one more thing. Poor guy. Im putting this chicken in a parrot cage in the house!!! But I got the coon...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by