1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi, and thank you from France.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marchharefrance, Jul 23, 2016.

1. marchharefrance

marchharefrance Just Hatched

Jul 13, 2016
    I moved here from the UK 6 years ago and promised myself some chickens.

However, until a Month ago I couldn't make up my mind about being able to care for them.( The French don't have the problem, feed them, eat the eggs, then eat the chickens!!!) I couldn't do the latter!!))

With the help of this site and reading everyone's helpful comments, I found the courage to get some chooks! A Cuckoo De Maline (one BIG BIG girl) a Cream Crested Legbar ( very sweet and friendly! ) A French Black Copper Marans (top of the packing order!!) and 2 Brahma's ( 1 Partridge , gorgeous colours, and 1 White , very pretty. Although they are still getting to know me, they certainly know who supplies the food and treats.

I took on all the advice from the member on this amazing site and both me and my girls are living very happily in rural France.
    Along with 2 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats. Also an amazing husband who never envisaged when we married 40 years ago that we would either retire to France or keep animals!!!
    Funny how things work out!

Thank you all for your help and advice.

BON WEEKEND TO YOU ALL.

2. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and [​IMG]

That's awesome! I'm glad that we could help haha! It sounds like you have a nice flock. Yes, food is a great way to a chicken's heart! [​IMG] If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask. I'm sure anyone would be happy to help.

Good luck with your flock and thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us and congrats on getting your own flock.

Good luck with your new adventure.

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome from the UK!

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on getting your new adventures started :D You have some lovely breeds there and it sure does sound like you are enjoying them very much. Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. austrolover1

austrolover1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bon Jour, and Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Welcome to BYC! Great to have you with us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by