Hi, and thank you from France.

marchharefrance

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2016
I moved here from the UK 6 years ago and promised myself some chickens.

However, until a Month ago I couldn't make up my mind about being able to care for them.( The French don't have the problem, feed them, eat the eggs, then eat the chickens!!!) I couldn't do the latter!!))

With the help of this site and reading everyone's helpful comments, I found the courage to get some chooks! A Cuckoo De Maline (one BIG BIG girl) a Cream Crested Legbar ( very sweet and friendly! ) A French Black Copper Marans (top of the packing order!!) and 2 Brahma's ( 1 Partridge , gorgeous colours, and 1 White , very pretty. Although they are still getting to know me, they certainly know who supplies the food and treats.

I took on all the advice from the member on this amazing site and both me and my girls are living very happily in rural France.
Along with 2 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats. Also an amazing husband who never envisaged when we married 40 years ago that we would either retire to France or keep animals!!!
Funny how things work out!

Thank you all for your help and advice.

BON WEEKEND TO YOU ALL.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

That's awesome! I'm glad that we could help haha! It sounds like you have a nice flock. Yes, food is a great way to a chicken's heart!
tongue.png
If you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask. I'm sure anyone would be happy to help.

Good luck with your flock and thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Hi :welcome from the UK!

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on getting your new adventures started :D You have some lovely breeds there and it sure does sound like you are enjoying them very much. Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom