Hi! Beginning Duck Family

JBrade

Chirping
Apr 22, 2021
Hi there! It’s late but I’m awake keeping an eye on our new ducklings that arrived today.

We’re just starting out with ducks. (It’s not a great start - see my previous post.) We plan to have 6 female mixed variety ducks as outdoor pets and for eggs. We spend a lot of time in the yard playing and gardening, so we’re hoping the ducks will be friendly and we’ll enjoy each other.

We have 4 young children who are helpful in the garden and will love the ducks too.

I’m sure I’ll have many questions despite reading books and websites! I also hope to connect with other newbies.

I found this forum because I was googling for duckling help. Time to go check on them!

:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss:Hello and welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome poultry Forum to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

If you are going to let your ducks free range out in your yard and garden with you. Just make sure you keep them away from plants that are toxic for them, like tomato plants etc. Best of luck with your new journey. :)

1619173329922.png

Back
Top Bottom