Hi Chicken Lovers

chickenpotter

Songster
Apr 21, 2015
Mechanicsville, Va
Hello everyone! I am so glad to be an official member of this amazing poultry community. I have already asked a question and gotten a good response so I thought I should introduce myself.
I am a potter and my husband and I live in Virginia near Richmond. We just moved to this rural location a year ago. After much reading and researching I decided to go ahead and start a small flock of 6-8 chickens. Needless to say this has been a whole new world. I am fascinated by my birds and have felt very much like a new mother raising those chicks. They are 9 weeks old now. I have an RIR hen, 3 Golden Comet hens, 2 EEs( 1 roo and one hen, and two SLW ( hope both are hens- still can't tell). They are in their permanent coop now and I take them out every day for some outside time in a portable run (while we are working on the coop run).

This site has been a great resource so far and I am excited about following members to see what you are doing with your birds. I have a coop big enough for 10 and I definitely see a few more hens in my future. This experience is suddenly taking up a lot of my time- by choice. It's so much fun! I'm looking forward to that first egg!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Chickens are so much fun to keep aren't they? Very addicting too. I am glad BYC has been of so much help to you! This IS the place to be. We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

If you have any questions in the future, feel free to ask around the forums.

So pull up a roost bar and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you decided to join us and congrats on getting your own flock.

It is amazing how lovable they are and the fun just keeps coming.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. Golden Comet is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are laying machines. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those three girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Watching "chicken tv" is a real hoot too - very entertaining and no cable or satellite bills.

Back
Top Bottom