IsilienElenihin

Chirping
May 10, 2020
Northern Illinois
Hello peeps! My name is Izzy and I am, alas, without chickens at the moment. I live in an apartment with a landlord who is NOT KEEN on the idea of having chickens on the property. Sad. But I have plans! Plans for chickens when my husband and I get a house of our own, preferably in the country where people will understand that I just want tiny dinosaur friends and also delicious eggs.

I'm currently in the research stage of future-chicken-raising, hence my registration. After scouring the various articles I'm leaning towards the Australorpe, Black Copper Marans, Welsummer, and Partridge Rock breeds. The plan is to live in Northern Wisconsin so we'll need cold hardy birds.

When I'm not working I'm an avid reader and enjoy baking and cross stitch. Gardening has always interested me but I haven't had as much opportunity to indulge in it. Actually it was through my interest in gardening that I found BYC. On Tumblr I ran across a post with links to the solarpunk Reddit and from there to permaculture and sustainable living and of course--chickens.

I'm excited to be here reading all about all these fascinating creatures and meeting people who enjoy them. :)

Here's a picture of my only current pet, The Tiny Sam. He's a lazy baby. XP

Attachments

• 20200507_093029.jpg
    20200507_093029.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 11
Hello peeps! My name is Izzy and I am, alas, without chickens at the moment. I live in an apartment with a landlord who is NOT KEEN on the idea of having chickens on the property. Sad. But I have plans! Plans for chickens when my husband and I get a house of our own, preferably in the country where people will understand that I just want tiny dinosaur friends and also delicious eggs.

I'm currently in the research stage of future-chicken-raising, hence my registration. After scouring the various articles I'm leaning towards the Australorpe, Black Copper Marans, Welsummer, and Partridge Rock breeds. The plan is to live in Northern Wisconsin so we'll need cold hardy birds.

When I'm not working I'm an avid reader and enjoy baking and cross stitch. Gardening has always interested me but I haven't had as much opportunity to indulge in it. Actually it was through my interest in gardening that I found BYC. On Tumblr I ran across a post with links to the solarpunk Reddit and from there to permaculture and sustainable living and of course--chickens.

I'm excited to be here reading all about all these fascinating creatures and meeting people who enjoy them. :)

Here's a picture of my only current pet, The Tiny Sam. He's a lazy baby. XP

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom