Hi and welcome!!I'm Caro. I have been in this community for a couple of months but I haven't introduce myself here...
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
A; I'm new to owning chickens, although my grandmother had chickens when I was little. I got my first chicks 5 months ago!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 4 chickens! Anke, Greta, Gaviota and Chata.
(3) What breeds do you have?
My chickens are Buff Orpington. I chose this breed after researching and finding in this breed the traits I was looking for!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I enjoy the company of my chickens, they make me laugh a lot. I like to care for them and spoil them. My favorite thing is when I come out to the backyard and they all come running to me. ☺❤
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My other hobbies are my vegetable garden, my house plant collection, books, meditation, learning, traveling, tattooing, cooking, & party!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm from Colombia and all my family is there. I have 3 cats. I work in graphic design. I live in New York City and its not common here to have chickens haha
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found this community when I was researching about chicks and all the good articles and answers were from this page! I'm very happy to found this place!!