Hi and welcome!!I'm Caro. I have been in this community for a couple of months but I haven't introduce myself here...
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
A; I'm new to owning chickens, although my grandmother had chickens when I was little. I got my first chicks 5 months ago!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 4 chickens! Anke, Greta, Gaviota and Chata.
(3) What breeds do you have?
My chickens are Buff Orpington. I chose this breed after researching and finding in this breed the traits I was looking for!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I enjoy the company of my chickens, they make me laugh a lot. I like to care for them and spoil them. My favorite thing is when I come out to the backyard and they all come running to me.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
My other hobbies are my vegetable garden, my house plant collection, books, meditation, learning, traveling, tattooing, cooking, & party!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm from Colombia and all my family is there. I have 3 cats. I work in graphic design. I live in New York City and its not common here to have chickens haha
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found this community when I was researching about chicks and all the good articles and answers were from this page! I'm very happy to found this place!!