Hi everyone, first time chicken owner.

Cherbe

Chirping
May 17, 2021
Ireland
Hi everyone, complete newbie here. We just welcomed three ladies into our home last Friday. So we're now a household of two hoomans, two cats and three chickens.
We've made so many mistakes so far, I'm so embarrassed to say but doing everything in our power to rectify them. We stupidly bought a premade coop built for 4-5 hens. Ha! Not a hope. So we're researching frantically, and trying to absorb as much information so that we can make the best informed decisions on the coop designs. In the meantime we've extended the run to give th more room during the day while they settle in.

Here are the girls. They're around 19-20 weeks according to the breeder.

I'd appreciate any advice. Tips, tricks, I want to know it all.

What's the Best way to introduce them to free ranging?

Also looking for small coop designs ( but a lot bigger than the premade matchbox I bought)

Aw, thanks everyone. I will definitely look into the 7x10 structure. Found a nice blog on modern farmer. Thanks for the tip and I will very check out the YouTube channel.

And yes, they seem in good nick. They so placid and lovely. Absorbing it all! I just love sitting out with them having my coffee in the morning. (Though I'm in Ireland and it can be painfully cold/wet, but they're worth it!) So relaxing and I just love the Daisybelles chest pattern, the little hearts are adorable!

Can't wait to get them out and about free ranging though I don't think the cats will be impressed. 😅

1621287691817.png

The pullet in the middle is very unique.

Back
Top Bottom