Hi everyone I'm ashley!

RutledgeA

Chirping
Jan 7, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Ashley! Got my first set of chickens a little over a year ago..

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 11 chickens 9 of them are chicks.

I just experienced my first killing spree the neighbors dogs killed almost all of my chickens.. :(

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 roosters of a unknown breed I would guess some sort of silkie cross and then all of my chicks are golden sexlinks

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We does this as a family enjoyment my 3 year olds loves them and me and my husband have a lot of fun watching them and tending to them! We call them yard ornaments.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hmm.. we actually do European mounting that started as a hobby and turned into a side business..

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Well it is just me, my husband, and our 3 year old! We have two dogs and 1 cat! Me and my husband both work for the state Florida.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I found BYC by looking up stuff to help my chicken when he was sick. About a year ago..

Hello Ashley
Welcome to BYC :frow
FE93B6DF-7906-4643-AB1A-E262098A9E78.jpeg
FE6CDFB1-22D0-4442-8408-7756488B454F.jpeg

Hello, Ashley, welcome to BYC. Sorry for your loss. Have you complained to your neighbors, taken pictures of the killed birds, and notified the authorities ? This may very well happen again so be prepared. Good luck.

Yes.. and it was tough I was very disappointed.. I called the law they directed me to animal control and animal control told me they couldnt do anything unless the dogs were in action. Tethen the animal control officer told me that there is a law in florida for taking care dogs when they are injuring livestock (shoot them) so I did my research and then took all of it to the neighbors and told them I would never want to do such a thing and I hate to think it is an option. But! No problem since and my chickens are like my family..I appreciate my neighbors for fixing the issue!

Back
Top Bottom