Hi everyone Im new (my first forum!) ever

chiccrazed

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Richmond TX
ya.gif
I'm not sure exactly how all this works but you guys seem to have all the answers and sound like allot of great ppl. So I'm in Houston Texas and have replaced my small coop of chickens 3 times now due from #1 a bob cat, second time my own dog and 3rd time was my neighbors little rat terrier and now I have a new crew that are hanging in there pretty well. After I put up a new fence and an electric wire to keep out predators. But I enjoy them very much and Im happy to find ppl that enjoy these feathery friends as well, I'm even happier to meet ppl that know allot about them and can help me out a bit here and there. And that I can show pics off to as well on occasions.

The directions on starting out said I should introduce myself, It seem like I'm posting allot. Is this sufficient enough or anyone like to know more?

welcome-byc.gif

I'm in Missouri. Had my girls for 1 1/2 years. Lost some this summer to heat but other than that things are going well. You won't find a better place or ppl for help and information.

Ok I'm a Mom 2 daughters 1 son 1 ex husband 1 new husband 3 Arabian mares (horses) 1 pygmy goat (named Billy Bob) 2 Great Danes 1 English Mastiff 2 Standard Poodles (poodles live inside and my female just had 11 pups yesterday) 1- 3lb Chihuahua also lives in house 2 calico barn cats 10 quail (their new only 6 weeks old) 3 Bard Rocks 3 Road Island Reds 3 Easter eggers 1 Mutt hen? and 1 Easter Egger Roo (who is sick right now?) and I have a second smaller coop with 3 Red shouldered Yokahama hens and their mait 1 RSY Roo they are only 4 months old and his tail feathers are already getting LONG.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
I am a TEXAN as well but presently living in PA. This is an incredible forum and I have learned so much. I made an incubator out of an old cooler and hatched out 6 of the most adorable silkies ever. I have had a few issues with a fox this summer and lost two hens. WELCOME:cool:
cool.png

Thanks for all the WELCOME! It seem you all have Silkies, I had them in my first and second set of chickens and then I got a few as chics at Easter but I just have no luck with chics the hawks keep taking them. I have to keep them in a full cage to keep them safe the hawks also took my Seramas I had as well. The chickens I have now i have had for 6 months they started laying then stopped, I found out they are not getting enough light because they actually are in my barn and then can come out into the horse pasture that's well fenced and has the electric wire as well now. But they were not coming out of the barn enough, so now I feed them in the pasture in the morning and shut them out for the day... LOL!

Back
Top Bottom