Hi everyone Im new (my first forum!) ever

Wynette in Michigan you have all the chickens i want. LOL you may be the one with the answer to my biggest question???? I have been wondering since i have a Big Easter Egger Roo if he breeds with my RIR and my Rocks will it change the color of the eggs? with out the rooster they laid tan colored eggs. And my second question would be if I hatch the eggs from the EE roo and the RIR &Rock hens and raise the chicks what color eggs would the chics lay?? Im sure other ppl know as well the answers to these questions but it seems like you have the most colord egg lays out of everyone I met so far. So what you think and anyone els as well let me know!

the chicks would lay green eggs [ if he has the blue egg gene]
it would not change the egg color of the hens

Last edited:
Hey Punky Rooster ! Now you mean my hens will lay green eggs or the hens created between my current hens and rooster will lay green eggs when their old enough?

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
if he has the blue egg gene

Last edited:
Punky Rooster I will have to send you pics of my Poodle Pups My female is solid white my male is silver phantom the pups are solid chocolate, wht/chocolate parti, Wht/Blk parti, Solid Blk, chocolate phanton and Wht/choclate phantom Parti all very pretty

Ok just have one more question for anyone it may turn into two questions Hahah! but my rooster is sick, I took him away from the hens he is in my bathroom right now so I can watch him but he has bumps on his face his comb around his beak around his eyes and one eye is closed. This happened last week he was fine one day the next I went out in the morning to scatter some feed out in the pasture and none of the chickens came out of the barn so I went in the barn to see what was going on and they were all perched up around him and he was like this. I google search info with no help at all but came up with some ??? pox maybe from mosquitoes and it said to apply Vaseline I did this and it was just getting worse. So I was worried he was going to die one night he hadn't eaten for 4 days and both eyes swelled closed so I gave him a shot of B-12 and a shot of Penicillin and then sprayed him with a mane and tail spray that is used for mange fungal skin infections rain rot on horses and dogs. Then next day yesterday the swelling went dog and he can open one eye now, he is eating and drinking...but I'm still really worried about him. All the Hens are fine I don't understand and don't know what it is or what to do for him. my next question is I see on here they have different forum areas one is for diseases and such should I post my question about my EE Roo on there?

Oh and Hi!!! everyone els that's welcoming me

Quote:
My silkies stay in the barn in their own little area 5'x6'.....I separated them from the rest of the flock because i was afraid of the predators.....i noticed they were slower than the others...and when my roo's wanted to start mating they were only mating with them because they were slower soooo they are happy 2 hens and a roo....I got my first silkie egg today wahoo....almost everyone else has been laying for about 6-8 weeks now...oh well i love my silkies though
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom