Hi Everyone. Just a quick intro about me

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kirb, Dec 31, 2013.

1. kirb

kirb New Egg

Dec 30, 2013
    Syracuse, NY Area
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Various family members and friends throughout my life have had chickens, but this will be my first venture into having my own chickens. I have a lot of people who are telling me what i "need" to do, so it is kind of nice to have a non-family third party to get advice from :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    I just put in my first order for my chickens through mypetchicken.com. A few different friends of mine use them to purchase their chickens and everything has seemed to work out well, so I figured I would go with them. I would like to buy chickens in the future from local sources, but I figured I would get some birds and get thing going to start and then try and support my local hatcheries once I know what I am doing.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I ordered 6-Barred Rocks, 6- Gold Laced Wyandottes and 3- Buff Orpingtons. Hopefully they all place nice together.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I found out about BackYardChickens.com in searching around the internet about raising backyard chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I spend most of my free time hunting, fishing and doing home improvements. I also love to get the smoker going, making some BBQ and smoking some cigars. In general, anything that gets me outdoors is good with me. I pretty much live the bachelor life and love every minute of it.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Currently it is myself, a good friend of mine/roommate, my Boston Terrier and two cats that occupy my house. I am a middle school science teacher and live in central New York. I am also big into anything that has to do with plants, so I am interested getting into making plant and chicken friendly plantings around my property. I have lots of woods and shrubby areas around the house, so I am interested in letting the chickens out to forrage a bit, possibly helping to keep the ticks in check.

2. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Welcome

3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]Glad you joined us!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] to BYC!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays!

7. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture