Hi everyone! new keeper in az!

myhouseisazoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 13, 2014
Arizona usa
Hello everyone :) myhouseisazoo here!!
My sister and I live in Arizona and just recently began keeping chickens and now ducks! :3
Our flock currently has 12 chickens
3 golden sexlinks
6 black copper marans
2 barred rocks
1 buff wheatan

And now 3 ducklings :)
All Swedish blues :)

If anyone's interested our none poultry's include
1 chihuaha/Dixie mix dog
1 red eared slider turtle
And 2, 50 gal aquariums. One with convict cichlids the other freshwater mollies, danio zebras 2 betta and plecostamus.

Super excited to begin learning and sharing!! :'D

Our Lil duckies, later when there's light out again I'll post some pics of the chickens :)

Welcome to BYC. Congratulations on adding ducks. We have lots of ducks I think they are comical and the eggs are delicious. Lots of good information here.

Thank you so much! :) I'm super excited to join! And glad to be able to find a plethora of people who enjoy keeping chickens/ducks and animals in general and have knowledge to share <3

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You've got some nice breeds. Red (Golden) Sex Links are egg laying machines. I haven't had many ducks over the years, but I had some Crested Swedish Blues once, and as ducklings, they were the cutest things I've ever seen. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Ducks are adorable and I bet you have discovered the other side of the coin - they are very messy with poo and their water games. That is why they are raised apart from chickens. Chickens don't like being wet. Welcome to BYC.

PS you, will find out chicken wire won't keep Lolly predators away from chickens. It ONLY keeps chickens inside.

Thank you very much mountain peeps! :) I hope to have plenty of opportunity to show them off in excellent health :D. PS, I'm curious what breed is your picture? Is it a lace?.?

Michael oshay, super glad to join! :) I've heard they are but haven't yet seen them in action :'( boo! But hoping to see some soon (their almost 6 months now so super excited!!!!!) And their all super adorable as babies!!!! >,< and even beyond! :3

Drumstick diva!!! (Your name is awesome by the way!!!) We haven't yet seen too much mess yet, but I definatly know its coming! :/ we have them in the bathtub until it gets a little cooler out (its usually around 99+ degrees still! :'( ) our Polly predictor had some issues when we first brought our chickens home (we've had them for a few months now) but seems to have calmed down more after being in trouble a few times. She likes to 'chase' on the other side of the fence... Not sure why but she definatly been an interesting rescue so far! ;)

Thanks everyone so far! I'm super happy to join and be welcomed to the community!! :'D

Back
Top Bottom