Dying chicks.

MamaPoult

Near the clouds⛅
Jan 20, 2024
The Woods AK
Hey guys quick questian. I got 30 chicks from a breeder in the state. It turned out their birds are neglected, malnourished and not overly healthy. I've lost two. I know the temperature of the brooder is fine. They get really lethargic start losing balance and are always fluffed out. Is there anything else I can do for them?? It's hard watching the little cuties die off😭

Hey guys quick questian. I got 30 chicks from a breeder in the state. It turned out their birds are neglected, malnourished and not overly healthy. I've lost two. I know the temperature of the brooder is fine. They get really lethargic start losing balance and are always fluffed out. Is there anything else I can do for them?? It's hard watching the little cuties die off😭
How old are they?

Photos of them and their poop?

Always fluffed up sounds like Coccidiosis. Corid is the treatment.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Back
Top Bottom