Hi Everyone! New to chicken raising...

brooke1015

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 25, 2013
Hi All!

I am a first time chicken mom and I love my babies! My husband and I live in CA and we put up a coop and build a beautiful, large henhouse for our 5 chickens. We were supposed to get all "girls" according to the people we purchased them from, but I am afraid we may have been given roosters
hmm.png
. I would love to keep them but there are laws in my city as to only being able to keep hens. I am sad because they are beautiful, but one (or both) are starting to practice crowing. I don't want to upset my neighbors. How do I post pics on the site so that someone with more experience might be able to help me?

Thank you!

Brooke
smile.png

Me too, paintwife! I am just not able to post pictures yet, it says I don't have permission... do you happen to know anything about that?

Thanks!!

I think I read on some thread or other that you have to have posted at least 10 times before you are able to post pictures. Not really sure though, I'm still learning to navigate the site.
Linda

To upload a pic all you have to do is click on the picture icon in the reply box called "insert image"
hu.gif
If that is what you are doing then maybe there is a post minimum like paintwife mentioned. Welcome to the site! I'm sorry to hear that you ended up with roosters. Have you contacted the people you got them from? You might ask about getting replacements, they might say no but there is no harm in asking since they told you they were pullets. Good luck!

Hi Chirpy! Yes, it says that I don't have permission, so there must be a posting minimum before I can post a pic. I'll find out soon, I guess? I called the place, and I remember seeing a "no guarantee" sign by the chicks saying their gender. It's ok, I know many people who live in a nearby town that's very rural. I'm sure someone would be kind enough to give them a happy home!

Welcome to BYC , i dnt think there are any restrictions to post pictures i joined few months ago and as far as i remember

i was able to post pictures straight away using the Insert image option on the top right-middle of reply menu

They may have changed rules since than

Back
Top Bottom