hi everyone... want to ask about pumpkin seeds.

k15

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 21, 2009
smile.png

I heard that pumpkin seeds are natural dewormer
i just want to ask if you mix the pumpkin seeds with the feeds of the chicken or you feed it separately?

and how often do you feed them with it?
do you have a prescription if you are feeding them with pumpkin seeds?

tnx.

Last edited:
I have read that also but don't know any of the facts. I do however know that DE is natural and is a good wormer. Just mix it with their feed and you're done.

Last edited:
I don't know if it works or not, but I still feed fresh seeds to them around Halloween. After halloween is over you can go anywhere and buy a bunch of them super cheap, that is when I feed it to my Chooks they like them and if it helps with worms great if not they get a good treat everyday for a couple of weeks.

AL

the only value of feeding pumpkin seed is the vit's and minerals in the seed?
have you checked that out?

with that said I had a friend who did all the studies on worming in his 17 yrs at college for Vet
and the only things that wormed besides chemical wormers was

after worming with Ivermectin
the ivermectin goes into the blood stream and gets the worm larvea in the blood stream

then put 2 parts DE to 10 parts feed and feed it daily

also the 3 tbsp of cayenne pepper fed daily to gallon of feed will keep the worms down

but pumpkin seed,or garlic was not even effective
the garlic is for respiratory diseases and keeps the bird immuned

kelp was good for feather growth and keeping the body of the chicken using organs properly

any questions email me

Chopped, hulled pumpkin seeds mixed with buttermilk act as a preventative to worming. I don't know that the mixture actually de-worms the chickens, but it does work as a preventative. My chickens get a bowl every 3 months and love it!

Back
Top Bottom