Hi everyone!

Rmellinger

Hatching
Jan 7, 2016
I went to get my hair done today and somehow we started talking about chickens! My hair gal Sally said she owns three laying hens and showed me a picture..I'm hooked! I got home and I've been researching laying hens all day. I also spent the day convincing my husband that this is a good idea, haha!! He thinks I'm crazy, okay I am a little crazy!! I have him a deadline of March 1 to make me a chicken coop (birthday gift!). I'm thinking of getting the hens. Any suggestions? Glad to be part of this group!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Chickens sure do have a way of getting into the conversation even in the most unexpected places!! The learning centre would be great for you to check out, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
It has some fab articles on getting your chicken adventures underway.

Good luck getting started I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC- lots of breeds to choose from and every member has their breeds section should help you narrow your choice.

Good,luck and enjoy your planning.
Ct

Welcome to the BYC flock. You may also post on your state thread ,put name in search box and it should pop up. You could ask what breeds do best in your area, where the best feed stores are etc.

welcome-byc.gif

Hope you get the coop and chickens you want for your birthday!

Back
Top Bottom