Hi everyone!

LlamaLover

Hatching
Jul 11, 2016
Hello!, I'm a newbie to the chicken world but I have a 5x8 chicken run in the makes and I would like to know what types of chickens you all like! I would like to have a mixed flock all for eggs. I would like different tasting eggs and different sized eggs:p
So, what do you think can live together? Thanks and I hope to enjoy this forum :D

5 x 8 isn't much leg room for chickens. Maybe a couple of bantams. As far as taste goes they all taste like eggs. I do think free-range taste eggier (is that a real word?). You can get different colored eggs depending on breed. Easter Eggers, Olive Egger, Copper Marans, Ameraucana, etc.

If you make the coup into a chicken tractor you could have more birds. Get all your chickens around the same time so they can grow up together and they will get along better. You will still have a pecking order but it helps.

Agreed. You may only have sufficient space for 4-5 standard size chickens, so do bear that in mind. Getting all of your girls at once will make things easier. If you look at the breeds section, you may find ones that you like. Bantams would give you an opportunity to have a few more chickens and they are great eye candy.

Ct

Back
Top Bottom