Hi everyone!

AutumnLvs_WI

Chirping
Sep 18, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My daughter and I have wanted to get chickens for the last couple of years. We now live on a smallish farm so I went and bought our first 4 chicks on 9/7 from Farm & Fleet.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Four

(3) What breeds do you have?

Two buff orpingtons (daughter's) & two black laced silver Wyandottes (mine).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Knowing where my food comes from, in this case eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Knitting, crocheting, sewing, photography, reading, gardening, horseback riding (English, western, & side-saddle)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I sew, knit, and crochet 19th century clothing and accessories. We currently have 3 cats and one dog that live with us. The horses are boarded until we have new fencing. There are five of them, four Morgans and one grade quarter horse. At some point my daughter and I would like to add one or two beef cattle.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I ran across BUC several years ago when my daughter and I were just starting to research chickens.

knitting-hens.jpg

hithere.gif
Congratulations on finally starting your new little flock and best wishes with your farming ventures!

When I used to hybridize Streptocarpus plants, I ended up striking up a friendship with a very nice gentleman in Australia. It was next to impossible to send plants down under, so we both just exchanged seeds.

During all the back & forth of emailing plant info, he mentioned he was a American Civil War recreater (spelling wrong) as were many others. They had costumes created and put on performances in Australia. Aussies and Americans have strong bonds aside from plants and chickens.

Back
Top Bottom