Hi Everyone!

Micigan Munns

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
Hello Everyone!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, newbie here! My husband and I have always wanted to raise chickens, but never had a home where we could, or the time needed to do so. We purchased a home in an area that allows us to do so a year ago. Also, I had to quit working outside the home in order to take care of my mom.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We are getting ready to get our first chicks soon! :) We are planning on getting 4-6 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We are looking for chicks that are cold hardy (Michigan gets very cold and snowy in the winter). Friendly, yes, we will name them and they will be a part of our family. :)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Fresh eggs, garden help and companionship.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, canning, reading and crafting. Helping my husband with projects in and around the home, we have built three sheds together, remodeled our kitchen, painting, etc...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We are empty nesters, our children range from 29 to 35. We have 6 grand children, from 3 months to 11 years old and 4 grand pups. We have a pup Jo-Jo (12 year old rescue from the Humane society) and two cats Kitty and Princess, 18 & 16 years old. My husband travels a lot for work, sometimes gone for 2-3 months at a time. We use to work together on the road, but when my mom needed help due to health reasons, I quit to stay home to take care of her. I recently started working after 2 years, doing bookkeeping from home.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC after searching for chicken coop plans a couple weeks ago. This community has a lot of good resources so I decided to join. I look forward to meeting new people and learning more about raising chickens!

Marie

Back
Top Bottom