Hi everyone :)

BoereMeisie

Cape Town Farm Girl
7 Years
Oct 21, 2012
Atlantis, South Africa
Hi there! I am new both to this site and to chicken keeping! I've had my first three hens for about a month now and they have me totally in love with all things CHICKEN! I'm not sure what breed my three girls are, as they were only sold to me as "laying hens"... But they are very good to me, mostly laying about 2 eggs a day between the 3 of them :) Some days they surprise me with 3 eggs! I am adding a Rhode Island Red rooster and hen to my little flock this weekend, as I would like to grow a little flock :) Oh yeah, I should probably introduce myself before I introduce my chickens!! Too late!! My name is Esti and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I am a newlywed with 2 dogs, 3 hens and, hopefully soon (as soon as I convince my hubby) 2 cats! I work at a local pre-school doing after-school care and simply love animals... Especially my new feathered girls :D I've read so many discussions from this site and happy to now be able to join in! I must say, in my search for knowledge on chicken keeping I've gotten the best advice from BYC!

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom