hi everyone

kellbell9666

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2015
new to this website and to chickens. my mother-in-law and i got some pullets from tractor supply a little over a week ago. we have no idea what breed but i researched online and i think they might be golden comets. i'll post a pic and you guys can tell me what you think. i've been handling them as much as possible because i want them to be really tame. we have their cage in the living room where they can see us all the time. our cat shares us with the new members of the family surprisingly well too :)

here are some pics of my new little buddies. any ideas on what breed?

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Your chicks are adorable! I think that they are Red Sex-Links, though you'll know for sure when they feather in more. Good luck with them!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Your chicks appear to be Red Sex Links. Golden Comet is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. Other labels under which Red Sex Links are marketed include Red Star, Gold Star, Brown Sex Link, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Comet, Isa Brown, etc., but no matter what label they are marketed under they are all egg laying machines, outlaying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom