Hi! First-time flock keeper

lefttowrite

Chirping
Jun 19, 2023
Northern MI
Hello! Just stopping in to introduce myself and my flock. BYC has been a great resource since my chicks came home, and even before that while I was planning, planning, planning! I’m excited to be part of such a knowledgeable community.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Very new. I brought home day-old chicks on June 3 of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6

(3) What breeds do you have? Black Australorps (it gets cold here!)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? So far I’ve loved watching their little personalities develop, and watching them get braver as we interact with each other more. Down the road, I’m hoping to share fresh eggs with my community and reap the additional benefits of garden manure and pest control :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I snowboard when it’s cold out, garden when it’s warm out, and knit/spin whenever I’m not doing those things, working, or sleeping!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I’m married (no kids…yet) and have two cats named Scully and Mulder.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DFound BYC through MANY Google searches about various things, but mostly coop design. I wanted to join so I could actually take part in conversations and, hopefully one day, make my own contributions!

Attachments

• IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    733.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hello! Just stopping in to introduce myself and my flock. BYC has been a great resource since my chicks came home, and even before that while I was planning, planning, planning! I’m excited to be part of such a knowledgeable community.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Very new. I brought home day-old chicks on June 3 of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6

(3) What breeds do you have? Black Australorps (it gets cold here!)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? So far I’ve loved watching their little personalities develop, and watching them get braver as we interact with each other more. Down the road, I’m hoping to share fresh eggs with my community and reap the additional benefits of garden manure and pest control :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I snowboard when it’s cold out, garden when it’s warm out, and knit/spin whenever I’m not doing those things, working, or sleeping!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I’m married (no kids…yet) and have two cats named Scully and Mulder.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :DFound BYC through MANY Google searches about various things, but mostly coop design. I wanted to join so I could actually take part in conversations and, hopefully one day, make my own contributions!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom