Hi! First timer from NH here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chicksinnh, Aug 6, 2013.

1. chicksinnh

chicksinnh New Egg

Aug 6, 2013
    Plaistow, NH
    Hello from southern New Hampshire!
    My name is Sophie and im 35 years old. My daughter and I love animals and i run my own pet sitting service.
    Ive had just about every type of animal but never had chickens until about a month or so ago.
    I Love it!!
    I got 3 serama chicks and babied them while they grew into pullets and a cockerel. They adore us and i so appreciate them. I also recently added 2 silkie/belgium antwerp crosses and im praying they both are hens. They are not as sweet but i love them anyways. The introduction process has been long going but they are finally being somewhat accepted by the 3 amigos. Well at least somewhat. Ha
    My coop started out as a very old homing pigeon coop from the 70's that my ex's father had and after a whole of begging, paying, working and sweating ive gotten a nice coop out of it. Ive uploaded a bunch of pics to my profile. Check them out!
    Im still working on the fun painting part, adding in some trees flowers and what ever else floats our boat.
    Just wanted to introduce myself and see what i can learn from the more experienced keepers on here. As a single working mom you find yourself having to do EVERYTHING by yourself so at least now im hoping i can reach out for some advice if need be and just general support. :):)

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC from another single mom! I also work full time and it sure is hard to get everything done. I have Seramas too and some assorted large fowl breeds for eggs.

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

6. chicksinnh

chicksinnh New Egg

Aug 6, 2013
    Plaistow, NH
    Thanks all for the welcome!! :)
    And Elizabeth, thanks for your single mom shout out!
    Its funny we both have seramas too.
    I should ask you what you do for your seramas during the winter. Im alittle worried about the cold weather. It gets SOooo cold here with tons of snow.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by