Hi from a newbie here

Tigg

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Been lurking a long time and spend hours here. The amount of things I need to learn is huge and this is the place to learn. My hubby and I are getting 24 baby chickies of various kinds - all brown egg layers and I am so excited. Haven't had chickies since I was a kid. So I am off to do more reading. There is so much to learn. Sorta scxare me as been reading about chickies diseases to day. I hope to keep our ladies healthy. Take care and God bless!
frow.gif
- Tigg

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! BYC has loads of info on everything chicken! Ya, reading about everything that can go wrong does tend to scare you, fortunately, usually things go pretty well! Good luck with the new chicks when you get them, am sure you will have a lot of fun with them.

Thank you much for the welcome. If I don't know the answer, someone here will, I am sure. Never kneew there were so many kinds of chickens. Coops, everything right here to read. Again thanks for your post.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Definitely do some reading in our learning center. The more you know, the less scared you are of things. Chickens can get sick, but do your best to keep things clean, know how to care for them properly and get to know each of your birds. If you know each of their personalities, then you will know when "Lucy" is having an off day and could be coming down with something. The quicker you jump on illness, the easier it is on the bird and you.

Enjoy all your new adventures in life and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom