Hi from Albany, CA!

steveurkel

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
Albany, CA
Hi Everyone,

I'm a first time BYCer and never imagined myself raising chickens in the city but here I am!

I've lurked on these boards for months, and have learned so much from all of you. Thank you!

After learning chickens only laid eggs for several years but had a lifespan of 10+ yrs, I decided on raising a small (3) flock of docile breeds as pets. I brought the girls home as 2 wk old chicks, and its been so amazing to watch their personalities evolve. They've also brought some much welcome structure into my life - I now get up an hour early each day and spend at least an hour every day cleaning their coop/run (they poop ALLOT lol).

Anywho, without further ado, I proudly introduce:

Junior (a silver laced cochin):

1044433_10151726817205901_551837247_n.jpg

Bandida (a speckled sussex):

1016926_10151726817090901_367458795_n.jpg

Elizabeth (a salmon faverolle):

46774_10151726817420901_69461550_n.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
Did Elizabeth start as a dark chick and get lighter or vice versa? I'm wondering if her coloring is more "boyish." There is a Salmon Favorelles thread - if you put it in the serach box it would pop up. I think the people on there could best advise you.

All three chicks are abosolutely adorable tho - you done good!!

welcome-byc.gif
Did Elizabeth start as a dark chick and get lighter or vice versa? I'm wondering if her coloring is more "boyish." There is a Salmon Favorelles thread - if you put it in the serach box it would pop up. I think the people on there could best advise you.

All three chicks are abosolutely adorable tho - you done good!!

Oh no, that would suck for all of us (the girls love each other so much) - my City has a ban on roosters. Checking out the board now!

Thank you for your kind words and advice!

Back
Top Bottom