Hi from Amery, WI

mabress

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
I am new here, although I have been reading posts for a couple years now! Just joined...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got my first chickens back in 1990, when we bought our first house... It was Easter time, and guess what we got the kids?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now I have 30 chickens, 20 laying hens of various breeds, and the 4 roos that run with them, and I just acquired 6 pullets from a friend who is getting out of farming/showing.

I have Black Australorps, Turkens, Dark Cornish, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, a Buff Orpington, Two white hens breeds unknown, Red Stars, a Light Brahma, Silver Laced Wyandottes and who knows what most of the roosters are! None of these are allowed to raise chicks... I have 10 Lavender Orpington eggs in shipping right now, and I can't wait to begin my Lavender Project-with my daughter as a partner!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Searches on questions that I have had on my chickens

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, Animals in general... I have dogs, cats, geese, ducks, rabbits, and fish, in addition to the chickens

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a network administrator in town, about five miles from my home on 26 acres. My kids are all grown, and my daughter and I share a love for animals, and she lives on the edge of town, so she cannot keep roosters...(that's where I got my unknown roos from.) So the Lavender Orp project will be housed on my land.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi! I've been lurking around here a while too, finally decided to join!
wink.png
I live near Rice Lake, and have about 25 chickens. 5 Buff Orpingtons, 6 EE, 3 silkies, and some various other bantams. We're only about 45 minutes away, nice to see someone close!!!

Back
Top Bottom