Hi from austraila

help help big umbrella that was shade over my coop blew off and my poor roster was in sun and his very dehydrated i took him in side in aircon used my kids panadol syringe and dropped water un his mouth. his very limp i don't wAnt him to die please help
Give him a vitamin/electrolyte water mixture via the syringe (slowly, careful to avoid windpipe). I've had good luck with just slowly dropping the water on the side of the beak rather than forcing the mouth open. A powdered blend that you add to water for chickens should be available at your local feed store (hopefully). If not, you can probably make your own but I don't know the ingredients or amounts. Also post a new thread in the Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries forum ASAP: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures. You will get more answers there. After you create the thread, search this site for dehydration and you'll probably get more answers. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Greetings, Tash, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here! A GLW is my rooster, too! bet of luck and happy holidays!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats and good luck with your incubator! But be warned, hatching is soo addictive
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom