Hi from Caledon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HappyHeritageHens, Aug 11, 2019.

1. HappyHeritageHens

HappyHeritageHens Chirping

May 30, 2019
    Caledon, Ontario
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to owning chickens and did most of my research here. The articles and forums were really helpful. After much exciting browsing, I chose to build the Wichita Cabin Coop;(https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/wichita-cabin-coop.47747/)

My handy man and I built my coop last fall and I got chickens this spring. A girlfriend and I went to the Saugeen Fur and Feathers Buy Sell Trade event in Mount Forest. We had a great day and were overwhelmed with all the great choices. So I managed to score 3 lovely heritage breed hens and already want more.

Am looking forward to continued support from everyone here. Thanks for the great articles and forum posts.

2. so lucky

so lucky Crowing

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    Hi, and Welcome from Southeast Missouri. Are your girls laying yet? That first egg is thrilling, isn't it?

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - I wish you continued success with your flock.

5. HappyHeritageHens

May 30, 2019
    Caledon, Ontario
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome. :)

6. Rick M

Rick M Crowing

Jun 21, 2018
    Southwest Missouri
    Hello and welcome to BYC. :frow Chicken math gets you every time. We started with 5 and now have 19 and I need more.

7. HappyHeritageHens

May 30, 2019
    Caledon, Ontario
    Hi So Lucky, yes, it was amazing. I got eggs from 2 of the hens the second day they arrived. My Aracauna and Partridge Rock are laying. The Golden Laced Wyandotte hasn't laid yet. A friend checked her out and confirmed she is young. So will not give up on her.

8. Kiki

Kiki Is your thermometer calibrated?

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  9. HappyHeritageHens

May 30, 2019
    Caledon, Ontario
    I found BYC when searching for Coop designs. It looks like I need to participate in the forums for a bit before I can post an article with my coop build. I want to share that with the community as I got so much from everyone else.

10. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Congratulations on your new flock. I've never gone to a poultry swap. It's probably not a good idea for me to as I love so many breeds. I am already at my limit for my coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: