Hi, from Central Florida

magicstorm

Songster
May 3, 2016
Lakeland,Fl
Just wanted to say hello. I had chickens as a child but have not even been around them in 25 years. This means I am a newbie! Started out wanting 6 hens. I got 10 straight run locally. I picked up 2 wheaton and 2 black Ameraucanas and 2 Welsummers. Then went to another lady and picked up a lavender Ameraucana, 2 EE, and 1 that I think was in by mistake and is 1 of her Seramas. Then I ended up getting 6 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullets from a local feed store. So I now have to build a coop for 16. Well thats me in a nutshell i have 3 dogs,4 cats, 4 parrots (1 is a bg macaw) and 1 horse!

Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your chicks. Your rapidly expanding flock is typical of chicken math.
tongue.png

Hi! I live in Central Florida too! I'd love to see some pictures of your ladies. I got a bunch of SLW from Hortmeyer back in February. Just started getting eggs from them when 4 of my 7 were attacked while I was out of town. I have 1 Easter Egger, 2 SWL, 2 mixed, 1 laying Cuckoo Maran, 5 2 week old French Wheaten Marans, 4 2 week old Cuckoo Marans, and 1 2 week old Barred Rock.

Hi! I live in Central Florida too! I'd love to see some pictures of your ladies. I got a bunch of SLW from Hortmeyer back in February. Just started getting eggs from them when 4 of my 7 were attacked while I was out of town. I have 1 Easter Egger, 2 SWL, 2 mixed, 1 laying Cuckoo Maran, 5 2 week old French Wheaten Marans, 4 2 week old Cuckoo Marans, and 1 2 week old Barred Rock. 
I will take some new ones tomorrow and post them here.

Heres just a few. I have 6 LB,2SLW, 2 Welsummers, 2 black& 2 wheaten ameraucanas, 1 cuckoo marans,1 BCM cross, 1 Lavender Ameraucana, 1 EE

Back
Top Bottom