Hi from Colorado!!

maarijke

Songster
7 Years
Jun 23, 2016
Hello everyone. We moved to the front range a few months ago. Last night i was the ONLY homeowner at the hoa meeting. Snappy snarky interrupting old people cut me off and we strangely unable to answer questions but were happy to tell me I could not put a sign in my yard, could make a fb page, could collect signatures in our subdivision and if enough were collected they would then deem it discussion worthy at thr next month's meeting. I am a homeschooling mother to 3 under 6. Our town legally allows chickens -6 females. The city of Denver allows 8 female hens and 2 pygmy goats(neutered if male). We are rural. Each lot is an acre approximately. I have one month to collect 50 signatures. They told me i was not the first person to ask about chickens. We are near Firestone Frederick Longmont and Dacono. Any advice would be amazing. I am allowed to give a chicken presentation in November at the annual hoa meeting. If that goes well a vote would allow a lawyer to draw up jargon and change the covenants. Then maybe if all goes well, by Spring we might get out chickens. This all seems insane because the town allows them, but whatever. My kids love the idea. We have a good friend who has chickens about 20 min away in her farm. We have a 9 yr old dog. Our backyard is huge. We already have a aide yard area that is all gravel and sand on the south side of the house. So we have until Spring to research how to do all things chicken!! Thanks for having this place to share knowledge!! Love it! If you live nearby and have had luck w hoa's, please email me!! Annierooguru at gmail dot com

Hi Maarijke!
welcome-byc.gif

Check out this section of the forum, there are a lot of great ideas there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them

Good luck - I hope you can make a positive change!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Like everyone else above, i wish you the best of luck with changing your HOA rules.

Regards
CT

Please post on your state thread- just put name in the search box and it will pop up. You may be able to generate interest where other bycers will rally 'round your cause. Some may have experience with HOA's etc. Hope they will help you fight the good battle for CHICKENS.

Sorry. I can't quite find it. I type in Colorado and it has many threads about Colorado. Is there a state listing somewhere I"m not finding? Thanks. New girl :)

Back
Top Bottom