Hi from Connecticut #2!

welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina!

Welcome Adam from another Connecticut Yankee!
welcome-byc.gif
Except for last fall's storms, we've been pretty lucky this season. But, I've seen snow here as late as April 17th. You might have to put heat lamps in the coop. BTW, I'm from Manchester, CT.
cool.png

Ive got the pre-coop days sorted for the chicks. Luckily the barn will work well for housing them as they grow. I figure I can get the coop built in a couple weekends. I have heat lamps already. Just need the little buggers to show up at the co-op.

Ive got the pre-coop days sorted for the chicks. Luckily the barn will work well for housing them as they grow. I figure I can get the coop built in a couple weekends. I have heat lamps already. Just need the little buggers to show up at the co-op.

Remember the predators! A single weasel, as tiny and cute as they are, can wipe out your entire flock in a single night! Protect those babies with 1/2" x 1" rabbit wire (sturdy, welded) and make sure they can't be reached through the wire and pulled to and (in pieces) through the wire. Keep toes un-nibbleable by rats. Barn Owls are WONDERFUL to keep rodents down, just make sure easy access to a chick doesn't confuse their natural diet. Yeah! Welcome to chick-danger paranoia! (Only it isn't paranoia when it's real....)
Welcome! (from N.E. Ohio, the breezy shores of Lake Erie.) This is the best chicken site around, and more informative than most of the books out there. Read until your eyeballs fall out, and you'll be well prepared to cope, with fewer surprises and more happiness. Congrats on finding the place where people are generous about helping. Have FUN with your new chicken-math hobby!

Thanks for the warm welcome. We have had the chicks for over a year now. Things are great mostly. We are dealing with an issue that I need help with. Just posted about it in the managing flock form. All insight is welcome.

Back
Top Bottom