Hi from Cornwall

the abc club

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2020
I have kept hens for around six years and often research problems on this great site so I thought I'd join. Currently I have a beak count of 14. I have a mixed flock of Lohmanns, Warrens, Skylines, various types of Maran, and have just brought on 4 Buff Orpington chicks that are now around 9 weeks old. We live in a rural barn with a bit of land so the girls have a big enclosure, well-fenced against foxes. Not lost any yet but it's always on my mind! I called myself the ABC Club because I go through the alphabet naming my hens. I'm up to Violet now. Just got two what I strongly suspect are boys in the chicks though, Sidney and Theo, so I am busy researching what to do if I have two cockerels and only 12 hens to go round? May be on here a lot for advice. They are both too funny to give up :)

Thanks Pork Pie, yes I know! I am toying with getting more girls so two boys don't wear my girls out, but not sure. If anyone wants a beautiful Buff Orpington cockerel and would give him an excellent home, get in touch. Both my boys are so lovely! Still holding out the faintest hope Theo is a girl but it is fading fast :) Sidney was all boy from day one.

I have two roosters, for my nine laying hens, and I have no problems, (They all grew up together from hatch.)
-BYC-sign-flash.gif
I would keep both roos.

Back
Top Bottom