Hi from Denver, CO

Iteach2008

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
I just joined a couple of days ago and am loving the connection with other chicken/fowl lovers.

We have seven chickens in our backyard. Denver just passed an ordinance to allow hens. We have had them over a year now. We are just legal now.
wink.png
Our girls are more like pets, we have Lacey (silver laced brahma), Lady (Sussex), Schoolsa (Australorp), Ms. Smith (Aumericana-Rhode Island Red mix) and our little Lilly (Bantam Cochin-I believe is the correct breed). And in another coop we have our aggressive girls (bullies) Queenie because she acts like it (Wyandotte) and Minnie Pearl because she won't shut up (Sex-link). They are toooo mean to put with our other group so we have had to build a second run and coop.
smile.png

They are all a over a year old, but their laying production is down in the tubes. Lilly has never laid, so we don't really count her. On average we get two eggs a day. I hope you all are wondering why because I am and don't really know what has happened. It has been this way for two months now.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Sue

Hi from the cool California Coast. I've been through a lot with my six hens over the past 2 1/2 years. Like you, I had a "meany" Wyandotte that we put up with for 2 years. I wrote about it on my hencam website below, if you've got a minute to read it. I finally gave up and found her a new home. Wishing you the best.....and
welcome-byc.gif

You all are so great. I am feeling very welcomed. I checked out the webcam - love it. I will take heed to the advice on counting my days and thank you for welcoming me. I see you have sussex too.

Thanks all. I am glad I joined.

Back
Top Bottom