Hi from England

Kazziepooh

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
I was just searching google for more info about Brahmas and found this site, so hello. We bought 3 chicks in May (a Brahma, a Cochin and a Faverolle) mainly as pets with eggs being a bonus. Anyway Lily and Mrs Wilks turned out to be Lionel and Mr Wilks but the breeder had agreed to swap if we had cockerels. The Brahma was the only girl and she is so amazing that we swapped the other 2 for 2 more Brahmas, Esther and Lacey. We then got so hooked that we went back and bought 3 more (Penny, Goldie and Lily) trying to get a good range of colours so we have a silver laced, a gold laced, a white Columbian, a lemon pyle, a buff Columbian and one that I'm not sure about, she's white with black flecks all over her. They are sooooo friendly and run all over our feet until we pick them up. I was worried about introducing the new 5 to the original one as she is so much bigger than them and I was thinking we'd have to keep them apart for a while, but she's great with them. She's boss and keeps them in their place but she mainly trips over them, lays with them and is a gentle giant. We lost out dog in June so the chickens are supposed to be for the children to focus on but we're all hooked and spend so much time with them. I can't wait until they're a bit bigger and then they can roam the whole garden all day, because at the moment they're in a meshed in run to protect them from the birds of prey that we have around here. Well that's why I'm here and a bit about us and our girls, bye for now
thumbsup.gif

Hi and :welcome

Your flock sounds great, and very colourful! It's interesting to watch them grow up and develop different personalities. :p Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif
Your birds sound like the best advertisement for the breed. I do worry tho, that once your birds are able to free range, the hawks will still find them attractive. Do you have any kind of livestock guardian dog to watch over them? I am a real worry wart but, sometimes it is well founded.

Back
Top Bottom