Hi from Glendora California

Gardenmo

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
Glendora, CA
Hi there! Totally new here! I dont have any chickens yet, just convinced the husband that its a good idea. lol Have lots of questions.......found out i can only have 2 chickens. Is that enought? enough for what not really sure.......eggs...company for them...also have questions about smell and location in my yard. lol

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BackYardChickens Two is better than one for sure. No matter where you keep them in your yard make sure they have a secure coop and pen or run covered with at the very least bird netting. You will find all kinds of critters will want to get at them, things you may not even be aware of i.e., hawks, raccoons, skunks, your pet dog, neighborhood cats etc. With only two as long as you keep the coop clean smell should not be an issue. Chickens are a great addition/addiction. It will be hard to not want/get more. Good luck.

welcome-byc.gif

I also started with just 2. Then I added a rooster that I rescued from a bad situation, and it's still going downhill from there. Browse this forum for lots of great tips, and check out the coops tab for lots of great ideas to get you started. You've found a great place full of very savy people to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom