Hi from Kernersville NC

Debcash

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 7, 2014
Kernersville, NC
Hi everyone! I will turn 50 next month and have wanted chickens for years. After much research and waiting we are finally taking the plunge and are building our chicken coop in anticipation of ordering our chicks this spring. I am planning on a mixed flock of hens only since we have close neighbors. Pretty sure we will be getting EE's (2), Barred Plymouth Rock (1), Golden Lace Wyandotte (1), a Buff and a Blue Orphington, an 'Olive Egger', and a Welsumer, and a Buff Laced Polish.
It's been great fun reading the posts and lurking on the site. It's been wonderful to learn from all the personal experiences. I am looking forward to joining the backyard chicken community!! :D
If there are other central NC folks out there please shout out! I'd love to get to know other local folks raising chickens.
Thanks so much!!
Deb

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It sounds like you'll be getting a nice flock! I've had Easter Eggers and Wyandottes and have enjoyed them both, especially the Wyandottes (they're my favorite breed).

Welcome to BYC, Deb! Glad you decided to join our flock. You are going to have a very colorful egg basket. I love the chocolate eggs of the Welsummers, and the Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) chickens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom