Hi from Key's Farm

KeysFarm

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2022
Hi I keep running across posts on this site while looking up any poultry related information I finally decided to join. We raise Exhibition and Commercial African Geese, Lavender Ice Geese, Buff, Cayuga, Welsh Harlequin and Call Ducks, Old English Game Bantams, Silkies, Bourbon Red Turkeys and Cortunix Quail.

I started into poultry 25 years ago when I found a trio of Light Brahmas at a poultry show I could not live without. I several years where I was unable to have poultry but always hoped to get more. When we bought property 8 years ago I was finally able to have my Brahmas again. I bought a trio of Dark Brahmas and it has grown from there. The Brahmas seemed to be short lived with poor fertility so I have not continued with them.

After our neighbors dropped their commercial Africans over our fence I have fallen in love with Waterfowl. We also had a young turkey poult, 2 call ducks and a guinea adopt us 4 years ago. The turkey needed friends and the call ducks did too so our farm grew. We would love to add more guineas but are not sure our neighbors would be thrilled. When the 4 birds appeared we never could find their owners so they all are still with us. The guinea has moved in with our barnyard mix chickens and turkeys.

61n52p.gif

Back
Top Bottom