Hi From Missouri

gordonburrito

Songster
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
Mid-Missouri
My wife and I always wanted to have some pet chickens. One day we stumbled on the town ordinances and found that there were no hard and fast rules for chicken ownership in town. So long as the animals aren't loud and disturb our neighbors we should be okay under our current regulations. This means no roosters for us, but we really didn't want an early wake up anyway. Our local Orscheln stores had 2 Australorps at one location and a whole flock of Silver Wyandottes to choose from at another. We are now the owners of 2 Australorp and 2 Silver Wyandotte chicks. We would like to add a Brahma or a Buff Orpington to our flock but we are finding them very hard to find. We will keep our eyes out for them but we are pretty happy with what we were able to get. One of our little Australorp chicks is already completely tame/friendly and is VERY curious (yet scared) of the world outside of her tub. The Wyandottes are a bit younger than the Australorps and are more skittish right now but when a fun treat is involved quickly spring into action.

In the mean time I have ordered a coop online. A fairly roomy chicken tractor type (8'LongX4'WideX6'Tall). Our yard is perfect sided for about 5 chickens, so we have no intention of getting more than that.

Thanks for all the great info on this site. It really helped choosing varieties that suited our wants.

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Sounds like you're off and running!
wee.gif
Best of luck with getting everything set up!

What part of Mo are you in? South? Central?
idunno.gif

Either way; Welcome, Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom