Hi from NC!

pullus mater

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
NC
Hi! We finally took the plunge and bought some chicks last week. So we have 2 RIR, 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks, and 2 Black Australorps. The BPRs are 2 weeks old and the rest are 4 weeks old. I am anxiously awaiting the day I can put them outside (they have taken over our bathroom for the time being). We live just outside of Raleigh and have 2 kids, 2 big dogs, and now 8 chicks. I have appreciated this website so much I thought it was about time I officially joined!

edited: I have been doing my research and realized we have Easter Eggers, not Ameraucana's, so I figured I'd better change that! I don't really care one way or the other- as long as I get some blue/greenish eggs
wink.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Hillsborough! Hope you are enjoying the chicks! It is so much fun raising them from babies. My black australorps are super sweethearts and great layers!

Hi neighbors
smile.png
We're south Raleigh (near Garner and Clayton, but not in any city limits). Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
My BFF lives over that way off of 42, great area... I keep trying to convince her to get chickens and she just laughs at me!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom