Hi from Nebraska!

northcricker

Chirping
Apr 3, 2020
Hi Everybody! I am new but have utilized the resources of backyardchicken.com many, many times. I am a mother of 6 and full time registered nurse who LOVES almost everything and anything I can do outdoors. I grew up on a farm with 6 brothers, and have always loved farming. My husband was also a farm kid, but doesn't have quite the passion for it that I do. So, we improvised and have a mere 3/4 acres and I utilize every inch of it. I love gardening, raising dairy goats, canning, soapmaking, too many diy projects to mention, and my girls🐓 I raise golden comets, ameraucanas, barred rocks, and australorps. Having had experience with the "everybody's favorites" around here; sexlinks and rhode island reds; and going months during the winter without a single egg; I did my own research and created a pretty awesome flock. Now we never go without eggs, they are always plentiful and COLORFUL; my girls are very docile and relate very well with humans and one another. We have an ameraucana rooster and have an incubator full of eggs as we speak and are quite excited to see our mixed breeds! I'm really excited to finally join this group, and with all that's going on right now, it's nice to have a "someplace" to get away from it all and take our minds off the stressful stuff and focus a bit on those litte things we enjoy! Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom