Hi From New Member in Washington

LaughingFeather

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Kitsap, Washington
Hello, fairly new to chickens. Can't have them in the city of Fairfield, CA. where we have a home, I think that is so wrong. When I returned after 30 years to Poulsbo, WA. I inherited a poor neglected free range RIR that a renter left behind. She was a blessing as she introduced me to how friendly, affectionate, interactive and pet like chickens can be. I now have 4 Easter Eggers to go with her that I got this last June from a feed store in Poulsbo who got them from Privett Hatchery . They are just starting to lay blueish and pinkish eggs now. So thrilled. And the poor RIR is so happy to have company, went through her 3 yr old molt and started teaching those little ones how it is done. She has recovered and is so talkie when I come out and still lays eggs.

Other info..Mid 60's. Married, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother. Other interests, Artist, Photographer, Genealogy, Plants and Computers. Have always had furry-feathery things around my feet and love it.

Hope to find some kindred spirits here.

frow.gif

Greetings from Kansas, LaughingFeather, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community - you will find lots of kindred spirits on BYC!! Best of luck to you and welcome to the world of chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom