Hi from New Smyrna Beach, Fl!

NSBchickengirl

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2017
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have stalked this site for helpful tips for about two years since I started raising chickens. Ive made mistakes, Ive lost a few chickens to predators and illness, Im still learning. A few friends have started their own backyard chicken coops because of me and it makes me so happy to be a part of the "chicken movement" , lol. I defintely have a lot to learn, but I am getting better at this all the time. I have a new batch of mixed rare breeds Im excited about. I think I have most of them identified.
My grown flock is all silver laced wyandottes and RIR's. I have nine hens and one RIR rooster. He likes me for the most part, but he is known to go after visitors. I love having him because he protects my free-ranging flock when they are out of the run.
We just bought an incubator and put 7 eggs in today. We shall see how that goes.
We give away eggs to a neighbor and family. They love them! Hoping to sell some eventually when I have more layers.
I love chickens

Hello from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! It's great to have you in our flock!

G’Day from down under NSBchickengirl
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom