Hi from New Smyrna Beach, Fl!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NSBchickengirl, Mar 22, 2017.

1. NSBchickengirl

NSBchickengirl Just Hatched

Mar 21, 2017
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    I have stalked this site for helpful tips for about two years since I started raising chickens. Ive made mistakes, Ive lost a few chickens to predators and illness, Im still learning. A few friends have started their own backyard chicken coops because of me and it makes me so happy to be a part of the "chicken movement" , lol. I defintely have a lot to learn, but I am getting better at this all the time. I have a new batch of mixed rare breeds Im excited about. I think I have most of them identified.
    My grown flock is all silver laced wyandottes and RIR's. I have nine hens and one RIR rooster. He likes me for the most part, but he is known to go after visitors. I love having him because he protects my free-ranging flock when they are out of the run.
    We just bought an incubator and put 7 eggs in today. We shall see how that goes.
    We give away eggs to a neighbor and family. They love them! Hoping to sell some eventually when I have more layers.
    I love chickens

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Now that you are official, you can enter many of the contests held on BYC.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our flock!

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

1 person likes this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under NSBchickengirl [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. NSBchickengirl

NSBchickengirl Just Hatched

Mar 21, 2017
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Thats good news, because my facebook friends may start blocking me soon if I dont cut back on chicken posts! [​IMG]
    Happy to be here [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by