Hi from newbies in East Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by oldcrowfarm, Dec 26, 2011.

1. oldcrowfarm

oldcrowfarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2011
    Alba
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, I am new, but my husband had chickens growing up in Montana

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None yet-still in the research stage

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Web surfing for chicken info!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love gardening, working on our house, reading and cooking. Hubby is an avid fisherman. We now live where we can begin our "rural/country living" in earnest. We have been remodeling/rebuilding our home, and now are attempting to build our dream farm.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have approx. 40 ducks-muscovies and Indian Runner ducks (no pens or coops, just free roaming), 4 Chinese geese, a pregnant Corriente cow and calf, 4 rescue dawgs, 2 cats, and tons of wild birds and squirrels! Our children are all grown up now, and are scattered everywhere.

Thanks for letting us join! I hope we won't ask TOO many questions during our research!

Sybil and David from Texas

2. happytraylz

happytraylz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG] I'be only been on this site for about 7 months, but this is THE BEST group of wonderful helpful people I've ever found!
    Feel free to ask lots of questions, there are always knowledgeable people to help you! Enjoy you're voyage with chickens! Warning- Chickens and this site are VERY addicting! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  3. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

4. oldcrowfarm

Dec 26, 2011
    Alba
    Thanks!for the encouragement AND the warning! [​IMG] I am having trouble deciding on breeds, mostly. And coop plans, and where to put said coop, and so forth! We do have coyotes around here, so I want to be especially careful in the planning stages.

I am learning a lot just reading all the posts!

Sybil

5. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hello Sybil & David! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

7. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
  10. oldcrowfarm

Dec 26, 2011
    Alba
    Thanks so much for the link to Henderson's Chart-very helpful indeed!
    I just realized that I have been reading the forums here since about 9:00am this morning!!! So much wonderful information, and so many nice welcomes.

Sybil

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by