Hi from NJ!

ginznchix

Songster
11 Years
Sep 27, 2010
South Jersey
Hi, I've been lurking and learning since spring when I picked up 6 RIR and 2 Jersey Black Giants pullets from the local feed store. One Giant "pullet" is now crowing and boy is he neat! He was Isabelle but now he's just IZZY.
After reading the incubating posts I borrowed my neighbor's LG 9200 and grabbed a handful of mixed bantam and EE eggs from a girlfriend's nest boxes and now I have eggs ready to hatch on Thursday (I hope!). I've candled them and at least 4 of 10 look good, some I can't see in.
I have guineas too, pearl, white, lavender, and pied. I'm on year 2 with them. God knows what I'll have by next year!

I love this site, I'm on it all day long, reading and learning. I want one of every breed! Everything I've done so far I've learned right here - you guys are terrific! Thanks for being here!

welcome-byc.gif
To a fellow Jerseian!!! I am from S. Jersey too, relocated south now!!

welcome-byc.gif
and good luck hatching!
jumpy.gif

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes Guineas! So far I only have chickens and Guineas too. I'm thinking about trying to hatch some of the neighbor's Bourbon Red turkey eggs next spring...
tongue.png

I got them from Woodstown Ice and Coal, and I think they order from Ideal. I picked up guinea keets from them too, finally got some colors! They had different breeds different weeks and you can pick up as few as you want, you don't need to get a minimum. I missed the Americaunas but I'll be on top of it next spring!

Quote:
You can also try Cedar Lane Feeds outside of Elmer for chicks in the spring. You don't need a minimum there either.

Back
Top Bottom