Hi from North Carolina

SwedenDuck

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I was raised with chickens and guineas the first 10 years of my life, and just recently got 3 ducks to occupy myself in my new home. Never had any but is trying to learn more

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None, but hope to get some in the future

(3) What breeds do you have?

Pekin ducks, I believe

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I tend to be "sweethearted" as some people say and like to take in injured or abandoned animals to give them a happy life. I raised some real sweet chickens and my ducks seem to be cuddly and sweet just like them

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Artist (cartoonist), waitress, and basic couch potato

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a wide variety of pets among my family that I tend to most days when I visit. From 2 goats, 2 fish, 5 cats, 6 dogs, 2 salamanders, 1 hermit crab, 6 ducks, 3 chickens, and a pig with a few turtles scattered here and there

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I have just known about it today in fact. I was looking up tips as how to take care of my ducks and to my surprise a lot of people seem to be very helpful to others when it came to topics like abandonment, health, etc. I felt like if I ever needed help with a problem I couldnt find a solution for then here will give me the answers

Welcome to BYC! Looks like we're neighbors...I'm in Virginia! Would love to see pics of your ducks if you'd like to share!! :welcome

Happily! I have photos of only my baby duck named Sweden right now due to Daffy spending the night elsewhere with their sibling.

Attachments

• 20190815_232029.jpg
    20190815_232029.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190816_002733.jpg
    20190816_002733.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 6
Happily! I have photos of only my baby duck named Sweden right now due to Daffy spending the night elsewhere with their sibling.

Oh how sweet! Love the pic with your patient kitty! That is great they can get along! My cat was never very interested in the birds as babies, but now that they are bigger, she's scared of them! If my goose and ducks see her in the backyard they immediately go towards her making all sorts of noise! :lau

Back
Top Bottom