Hi from Ohio!

welcome-byc.gif
from Pennsylvania!

Thanks All! Everyone has been really great, I am in the process of joining a group that is fighting for the ordinance to allow backyard chickens in Lakewood. I most likely would not have found that group without help from a BYC member.
I am already super happy I joined up! I don't know how long it will take to change the ordinance, but I'll keep my chicks on order until the las minute.

Quote:
I would just get them anyway, but Lakewood is notoriously vigilant! The city is always on my street for some reason (maybe since a lot of houses are being bought and rehabbed). And, It's considered a misdemeaner to own "dangerous" animals and listed after bears, lions and pythons...chickens!!!! That just burns me up!

I hope we can get the ordinance changed soon, I have some friends of friends who are active on the city council. Wish us luck!

Tootie, I am also from Ohio but live on a wooded 9 acre mini farm in SC now. I want a couple of Buckeyes for myself as it would be cool to have chickens named Buckeyes. I'd have to name the rooser Brutus :) Hope you get your chicken waiver!

Welcome and best wishes with the city people. I would end up moving if the city made ME get rid of my hens.There are a lot of cities in Ohio that allow them that are near to you. I would just have them too,and deal with the fall out. I know in Strongsville you can not have them(mum lives there),and yet someone on a nearby road does and has an egg sign at the drive.

I know what you mean about some cities being so picky about rules. Parma checked Dog tags/rabies,and jailed a sick mom I know for not repairing her garage/siding. Garfield Hts. cited someone I know for having dandelions in the front yard. Lol,the yard is like 10 by 10 and had a few. My yard is FULL of them. I realised there is SO much more to consider when buying a home rather than just the home itself.

Tootie, I am also from Ohio but live on a wooded 9 acre mini farm in SC now. I want a couple of Buckeyes for myself as it would be cool to have chickens named Buckeyes. I'd have to name the rooser Brutus :) Hope you get your chicken waiver!

That's a good name for a Chicken! I think I'll name my Buckeye "Nuggets" (If I can get my chicks)Not that I'm planning on eating her, I just think that's hilarious. Apparently Buckeyes are endangered but, Meyer Hatchery has Buckeyes AND a 3 chick minimum order! I have not seen any other places where I could get them without having to get 15 or 25. If you did decide to get a rooster and hens you could help repopulate them
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom