Hi from Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DaftaboutDucks, Jun 3, 2011.

1. DaftaboutDucks

DaftaboutDucks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    I have been lurking on here for years, since we first got our chickens in the fall of 2009. I finally got to sit down and register & say hello to the other chicken & duck people. We have red & black Sexlink & Columbian Rock chickens. We have 174 mixed eggs(sexlink/columbian),12 Chantecler & 12 Cochin eggs in the incubator.[​IMG] In the duck department ,we have a pair of Rouens & their 4 offspring that we hatched in the incubator Easter weekend. We have purchased a pair of Saxony ducklings, 7 Cayuga duckling & 2 Embden goslings. In the incubator currently we have 10 Rouen eggs, 10 mixed Call eggs, 2 Black East Indie eggs. [​IMG] We also have 2 sucky male house cats, one that "helps" me type frequently!!. My DH & DS have a special place in their hearts for chickens & I love, love , love the duckies. We are in the process of building a duck house for all the babies & have a coop that houses all the chickens. Never will I have ducks & chicken in the same coop. Ducks are messy but I still love em. We are going to build a larger coop soon to accommodate our growing flock. I look forward to chatting with people that have the same love of critters that I do!!![​IMG]
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!
  3. fargosmom

fargosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Goodness! With all that going on you're hardly a newbie! Glad you joined up. Hi from sunny SoCal!
  4. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
  5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!!! [​IMG]
  7. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
  8. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello there and welcome from Ohio!
  9. rivers2011

rivers2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    Port Perry, ON
    Welcome from a fellow Ontarian (is that we're called?) I also have Columbia Rocks...they rock :p
    Hope your hatch goes smoothly [​IMG]
  10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Hope you have a great hatch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by