Hi from OR

DancingRoo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 26, 2013
Oregon
I live in rural Douglas County, OR and love chickens! Lots and lots of chickens! I love to watch them gallavanting around, listening to their conversations as they hunt and peck and enjoying the sense of peace they give. But roosters! I love their antics. I've yet to meet one that doesn't have an attitude and a certain amount of charm (some more than others)!

I went to the Oregon Poultry Swap in Corvallis last Saturday...it was like being a kid let loose in a candy store! I got 2 female and 2 male Seramas. So far, one boy in particular is very sweet, but they're all a little flighty right now. So, my first order of business (as if chickens feel like a business) is to learn everything I can about this breed. I don't even know how much time I need to devote to them every day to tame them. However, I did find a rather lengthy Serama thread that I'm going to head over and peruse.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

welcome-byc.gif
treats are the way to a chicken's heart .- Seramas are cute as the dickens. If you keep both boys you should get several more pullets so they don't end up over breeding the two girls you have now.

Goodness, I got so busy trying to work my way thr 700 & something Serama pages, I forgot to check back here! Thanks for the welcome!

Cindie

Back
Top Bottom