1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from OR

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DancingRoo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. DancingRoo

DancingRoo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2013
    Oregon
    I live in rural Douglas County, OR and love chickens! Lots and lots of chickens! I love to watch them gallavanting around, listening to their conversations as they hunt and peck and enjoying the sense of peace they give. But roosters! I love their antics. I've yet to meet one that doesn't have an attitude and a certain amount of charm (some more than others)!

I went to the Oregon Poultry Swap in Corvallis last Saturday...it was like being a kid let loose in a candy store! I got 2 female and 2 male Seramas. So far, one boy in particular is very sweet, but they're all a little flighty right now. So, my first order of business (as if chickens feel like a business) is to learn everything I can about this breed. I don't even know how much time I need to devote to them every day to tame them. However, I did find a rather lengthy Serama thread that I'm going to head over and peruse.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Hello and welcome from Alaska.[​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Treats go a long way to help tame chickens :) good luck to you.

6. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    Welcome from College Station, Texas. Glad to hear from others who get a lot of pleasure out of watching chicken behaviors, dynamics and antics. We sure do.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] treats are the way to a chicken's heart .- Seramas are cute as the dickens. If you keep both boys you should get several more pullets so they don't end up over breeding the two girls you have now.

8. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    Welcome to BYC neighbor! I'm about an hour and a half South of you. Meal worms work wonders for taming most chickens.

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. DancingRoo

DancingRoo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2013
    Oregon
    Goodness, I got so busy trying to work my way thr 700 & something Serama pages, I forgot to check back here! Thanks for the welcome!

Cindie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by